MADE WITH MISCHIEF
(revised October 24th, 2014)
Made With Mischief, Inc. (“we,” “our” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The policy below describes our practices and procedures concerning the collection and use of your personally-identifiable information. Please read the following policy carefully.
SCOPE OF POLICY
We collect personal data that you voluntarily provide while using our website, products or services available or accessible through our website, or otherwise engaging in a commercial relationship with us, including but not limited to application data collection.
To ensure the accuracy or our databases, we may also collect information about you from other sources, such as public records or bodies or private organisations. Such information is used by us solely to maintain the accuracy of the information contained in our databases.
We will only use your personal data as described in this Policy and make commercially–reasonable efforts to maintain its accuracy and security.
USES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- Process and use your personal data for research and development, customer account administration and support, and verifying permitted use of our software, and for general marketing purposes.
- Implement security policies, rules and technical measures to protect personal data under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
- Gather information about website visitors’ internet protocol (“IP”), email addresses and domain names, to reduce abuse by unauthorized parties (e.g., pirates). This is for our protection and yours.
- Use gathered information to determine ways to customize and improve our website, products and services, to fit the needs of our users.
- Use your registered email address to contact you regarding administrative issues with your account.
- If you have chosen to opt-in to our mailing list through your account settings, send important and useful information and announcements about us, our products and services to your registered email address. If you wish to be removed from this service, please contact us as specified below.
What are cookies?
They are very small text files that are stored on your computer or other internet-enabled device when you visit some websites. They are used by most websites to tailor information and marketing messages to better suit your needs, as well as to store login or personal information for your convenience.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, including how to control or delete them, we recommend you visit http://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
What types of cookies do we use?
Session cookies - A session cookie remembers your login for you and what you have put in your shopping basket. We consider these to be strictly necessary for the working of our site. If these are disabled, then various functions on our site will not work.
Google Analytics - We use this tool to understand how the site is being used so as to improve user experience. The user data is anonymous.
Google Remarketing - Google uses these cookies to show relevant adverts to users who have previously visited our site, as they browse other websites. To opt-out from Google’s remarketing programme, please edit your Google Ad Settings.
AddThis - This tool helps us understand how people are sharing our content on social media.
Facebook - Cookies and pixels are used to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. We may also use a cookie to learn whether someone who saw an advert on Facebook later visited our site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliated entities, subsidiaries or sister companies (our “Group”).
All of our employees and third party data processors who have access to or are associated with the processing of personal data are obligated to respect its confidentiality.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, in which case such prospective seller or buyer will be under obligation to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data and to adhere to this Policy.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- In order to protect the rights, property or safety of Made With Mischief, Inc., our customers, or third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Except for the disclosure of your personal data in response to a valid legal or regulatory obligation, any third party to whom such personal data is provided will be under obligation to maintain its confidentiality and to comply with this Policy. In the event that we become aware of any non-compliance by a third party of such obligations, we will take commercially-reasonable steps to resolve the matter.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO
We will not:
- Other than within our trusted partner network and within our Group, and as is described and limited by this Policy, share your personal data with any other company, entity or other third party;
- Sell your information to any other company, entity or other third party; or
- Knowingly contribute to the proliferation of SPAM.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you reside in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) the personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
When using our website, we give you the option of using a secure transmission method to provide and transmit personal data.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology or Transport Layer Security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we have in place practices and procedures to ensure the security of your personal data and will take all reasonable measures to protect it, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us (i) not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, any other business purpose, or (ii) to remove or modify any of your personal data in our possession. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing sufficient information to identify your personal data.
Accuracy of Your Data
You can inquire about the personal data which we possess about you and, where appropriate, you can have the data completed, rectified, amended or erased.
Third Party Links
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through those websites or services.
European Union Data Protection Directive and Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection Safe Harbors:
We adhere to the U.S. safe harbor privacy principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to both the European Union Data Protection Directive and the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection, and is registered with the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Programs for both. Information regarding the Safe Harbor Program can be found at the program’s website:
If you have questions about our compliance with the safe harbor privacy principles, you may contact us at the email, telephone number, or postal address provided in this Policy. If your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed and you are a customer located in the EU or Switzerland, you may contact the data protection authority in the country in which you reside. We have agreed to participate in the dispute resolution procedures of the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) to resolve disputes pursuant to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles, as well as to cooperate and comply with the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) of Switzerland. Website visitors located in the EU may contact either the DPA panel at firstname.lastname@example.org or individual EU DPAs (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/eu/index_en.htm). The contact information for the Swiss FDPIC can be found at:
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time without advance notice and any such changes will be posted on https://www.madewithmischief.com/privacy-policy.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy or the status or management of your personal data are welcomed and may be sent by email to email@example.com, by postal address to c/o Made With Mischief, 5 Golden Square, London, United Kingdom, W1F 9HT, or by telephone at +44(0) 7947 522712.